Umami is one of the 5 recognized flavors of food(sweet, sour, bitter, salty, and umami). It is a mouthwatering taste that can be described as enjoyable, brothy, meaty, and mouthwatering.
The best part? Umami taste might assist you feel more satiated (feel fuller) and feel more pleased after a meal. Try this easy ground turkey and vegetable soup experienced with liquid aminos for that umami punch.
- 1 pound ground lean ground turkey, prepared
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups low salt chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 3 tablespoons liquid aminos (or low salt soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup corn (cut off the cob tastes the best!)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups greens. Either raw spinach (stems removed) OR raw kale (chopped)
- Green onions, sliced (optional for topping)
- Prepare turkey in a pan with onion and garlic.
- Combine the following in a medium/large pot: cooked turkey mix, broth, water, uncooked rice, liquid aminos (or soy sauce), sesame oil, carrots, and corn.
- Bring to a simmer then cover with a cover. On medium/low heat simmer till rice hurts (around 15 minutes).
- Include frozen peas and greens and cook for 3-5 more minutes on low heat up until greens are wilted and peas are defrosted.
- Serve with green onion topping.