Reubens are one of my preferred sandwiches, but the standard preparation with corn beef and Russian dressing is greater in fat and salt.
This variation uses turkey as a leaner protein source and a homemade low calorie “dressing”.
Perk– Probiotics from sauerkraut and pickles! Probiotics help stabilize the excellent and bad germs in the stomach. Which may mean better overall health. Numerous fermented foods supply gut-healthy probiotics– Kombucha, Keifer, Yogurt, Kimchi, and Miso to name a few.
Turkey & Swiss Reuben Ingredients
Makes 1 sandwich
- 2 slices bread
- 1 piece Swiss cheese
- 2 slices lean turkey
- 2 scoops sauerkraut Dressing (integrate the following):
- 2 spoonfuls of non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tsp horseradish (or more if you like it!)
- 1/2 dill pickle spear, carefully chopped
- Rush each Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce
- Lightly spray a frying pan with avocado oil or drop a tsp of butter (percentage simply enough to crisp up the bread). Place two slices of bread in a skillet on medium heat.
- Line one slice with cheese and turkey. Cover with a cover to keep the heat in and melt the cheese. Prepare till outside of the bread is toasted to your taste and cheese begins to melt. Remove from heat.
- Add sauerkraut. Spread “dressing” on the other slice of toast. Assemble sandwich.
- Serve with a side salad or your preferred veggies.
Natalie is a M.S. in Nutrition & Performance candidate; anticipated completion December 2021. She is a level 2 Accuracy Nutrition coach and holds a B.S. in Health Sciences. Natalie has actually assisted hundreds of clients streamline nutrition and reach their goals considering that she signed up with the Born Fitness group in 2017.