Yields: 4 portions Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
What Is A Hobo Foil Package?
A hobo foil package is a quick, basic meal option popular amongst campers. It’s a bundle of cut-up active ingredients that are loaded into some foil and thrown on top of the campfire. Don’t have a campfire? No sweat. Let your kids make their own foil pack and pop ’em in your oven for a fun and extremely basic family night meal.
Sausage And Peppers On Sourdough Crostini Ingredients
- 1 pound chicken or turkey sausage
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 large sweet onion
- 8 Crimini mushrooms, sliced
- Thyme, fresh sprigs
- Dried Oregano
- Sourdough bread
- Marinara sauce
Hobo Foil Packet Directions
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Remove sausage from casing. Area sausage into quarter-size balls (they don’t have to be completely round).
- Place sausage, peppers, onion, mushrooms, 1-2 sprigs of thyme, and a dash of oregano on a 10 ″ foil sheet.
- Leading with a 2nd sheet of foil and fold edges together to produce a package. Makes about 4 hobo packs.
- Place packs on a baking sheet. Prepare for 35 minutes.
KEEP IN MIND: Do closed packages to inspect them. Eliminating the steam will slow the cooking procedure.
Sourdough Crostini Directions
- Place 1 tablespoon oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Toast each side of sourdough bread.
- Serve sausage and peppers on toast with a side of sauce.