Potatoes make a fantastic snack or side dish to any main meal. They are a great source of carbs which translates to energy for the body and brain.
Sweet potatoes are often inaccurately touted as superior to white potatoes. The fact is, you can with confidence use either white potatoes or sweet potatoes– both are extremely healthy.
How to make an easy baked potato:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes. On the other hand, poke the potato all over with a fork then microwave on high for 3-5 minutes up until soft enough to poke with skewer lengthwise.
- With a sharp knife start at an angle and cut down to the skewer, continuing to cut while turning the potato away from you to make spiraled rows 1/2 apart.
- Fan out the potato and location it in a small baking dish.
- Brush melted butter and garlic on each potato.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes up until crispy on the outdoors and tender on the inside.
Natalie is a M.S. in Nutrition & Efficiency candidate; anticipated conclusion December 2021. She is a level 2 Accuracy Nutrition coach and holds a B.S. in Health Sciences. Natalie has actually helped hundreds of clients streamline nutrition and reach their goals given that she signed up with the Born Physical fitness group in 2017.