Ironmark’s new HP Indigo 100K digital press is a sight to behold, it’s a gamechanger for the industry, disrupting digital print as we know it. Introduced to Ironmark earlier this year, this 13.8 tons of state-of-the-art technology is breaking the barriers of what it means to be a digital press, marrying the best of digital printing’s efficiency and ease with the best of offset printing’s color fidelity and quality. It’s truly groundbreaking, and we are excited to be the first printers in the area to have it. In fact, Ironmark is honored to serve as HP’s demo site for the Mid-Atlantic region.
The World’s Most Productive B2 Sheet Digital Solution
While this press does many things, one of the most impressive is the sheer volume of work it can produce. It runs non-stop, switching seamlessly between jobs and even offloading automatically and moving to the next job without any manual help. It can print between 2,250-6,000 sheets per hour, depending on the specifics of the job. This equates to 3.3X greater efficiency than a typical B2 offset press based on time savings, with 2% waste versus the 43% generated by an offset press. It all adds up to an 18% cost savings. The digital press is truly revolutionary. HP touts it as “the world’s most productive B2 digital solution.”
This press comes from a legacy of HP Indigo presses, all with excellent image quality and color consistency. The HP Indigo 100K achieves this through an innovative, continuous color calibration that takes place during the printing process. It uses LEP technology, with HP Indigo ElectroInk, Thermal Offset Transfer, and Direct Contact Transfer combined. The gripper-to-gripper structure mimics the seamless handling of an offset press as well, providing reliable paper transport. Additionally, the digital press works in concert with our offset presses, and looks and feels just like one, on the broadest media range.
How the Indigo 100K Can Help Your Business
Here are some of the features that make this revolutionary digital press extraordinary:
- Time Savings: There’s no downtime between jobs since it has an immediate switchover with different jobs and paper types and multiple input and output media sources. With an intuitive and efficient workflow, the press handles jobs continuously, saving manual labor and time through back-to-back jobs. It also features predictive AI services to prevent future failures and downtimes.
- Continuous Feeding and Stacking for Time Savings: The advanced automation capabilities ensure continuous paper feeding and continuous paper stacking, with an advanced depositing unit for perfect stacking and auto pallet replacement architecture. This creates tremendous time savings and quicker turnarounds.
- Continuous Color Calibration: An innovative spectrophotometer design produces perfect color every time, without stopping the jobs. Again, this equates to more time savings.
- Excellent Efficiency: The press also reduces the makeready time to enable same-day delivery.
- Waste Reduction: It cuts paper usage significantly and optimizes existing digital work by maximizing imposition efficiencies and leveraging larger sheet sizes, reducing the number of sheets and impressions required per job.
- Cost Cutting: Through short-run volumes migration, the press reduces plate volume and aluminum consumption. It also maintains press uptime and reduced service costs with AI-driven serviceability. Finally, you’ll save at the bindery as sheets come out collated from the press.
The HP Indigo 100K Technical Specifications
When you take a look under the hood, you can see the power of this press:
- Printing Speed: 4500 sheets per hour 4/0, 6000 sheets per hour in Enhanced Productivity Mode (EPM) 3/0, 2250 sheets per hour 4/4
- Image resolution: 812 dpi at 8 bit, writing system addressability: 812 dpi (virtual 2438 x 2438 dpi)
- Line screens: 175, 180m, HMF 200 lpi, 180mEPM
- Sheet size: Maximum sheet size: 750 x 530 mm. Minimum sheet size: 510 x 330 mm
- Image size: 740 x 510 mm maximum
- Paperweight: Uncoated media: 70 gsm to 400 gsm. Coated media: 90 gsm to 400 gsm: Thickness: 75 to 450 microns
- Feeder: Palette feeder: 850 mm of media. Drawer feeder: Two drawers, each with 300 mm of media.
- Stacker: Main stacking tray with 640 mm stack height supporting offset jogging
- Print servers (DFE): HP SmartStream Production Pro Print Server
- Press dimensions: Length: 9500 mm; Width: 4800 mm; Height: 2400 mm
- Press weight: 12,500 kg
- Cloud connectivity: Via HP PrintO
- HP Indigo ElectroInks Standard 4-color printing: Cyan, magenta, yellow, and black
With the right tools, anything is possible. When your print jobs are done faster, with less waste, and with the same high-quality printing, our job is done better too. Talk to us today about how this new tool can help your business. And if you want to take a tour of the future, we’re more than happy to show you around./hs/cta/cta/current.js